Archive for the ‘Dating and Love’ Category
Who plans a date? Traditionally, men like you are the ones who plan the date. It may be a hard thing to do yet you need not over think of what can actually go wrong. There are just basic things you need to remember.
Have a Plan
Most of the things that end well start with a good plan. A woman may appreciate the efforts you did to set up a date. You don’t have to ask a woman what she wants rather take the initiative to plan things out. Think of something universal; something your girl will love and enjoy. When she is with you who is ready and had planned things out, she’ll feel relaxed and happy just like you in your first date.
Clean the Car
You don’t want to let her sit in a car with your stuffs scattered on the backseat and everywhere. They say, “First impressions last,” This is an initiative though for a car owner to do car cleaning one’s in a while cause you will never know who gets to ride in it.
A clean car may suggest a well-organized personality everyone may be attracted to. It is as important as keeping up with the personal hygiene practices. Use a gentle scented air freshener to set the mood for a worthwhile conversation before you arrive at the venue of the date. Remember, how Cinderella enjoyed her ride in the magical carriage on the way to the ball.
Have Cash on Hand
It’s sad but men are expected to pay the bills on a first date. Well you may think of it as a good investment for a long-term plan. If you want to please your woman, you have to give her a treat and let her enjoy the food and a dating place conducive for a romantic talk. Also, you might need the cash to pay rent for a parking area and for other incidentals.
You don’t have to “dress to impress”. Wearing the appropriate clothes and having the decent look is enough. Your girl won’t like it when you go for a formal dining wearing your basketball shorts. However, you can wear your athletic outfits when go for a jog in the park which is still a date! Learn the basics in dressing up such as knowing what belt matches your shoes or what top fits you best with your black slacks.
Give Her a Call
You don’t want her to wear her cocktail dress in the park nor do you want her to wear her jogging outfit in a lovers’ ball. Give her a hint of where you are going to bring her. This will help her prepare for the date and the same time allay her anxiety which is natural on a first date.
Be on Time
What irritate many women are men who are always late for a date. When you said the movie starts at 7 pm, you must come an hour before it because you need to pick her up and the travelling time may take a while. You just have to make sure that you arrive at a dating place before she does. A gentleman does this favour for her lady.
Each and every girl has her own crush. A guy whom she finds adorable and just perfect. Every time you see him, it just makes your heart skip a beat. However, the best feeling in the world is when that one person you’ve been dreaming of would come to you and tell you how much he likes you too. By exercising the best tips, you can capture the heart of the guy and make him fall in love with you. Here are tips you can apply.
- Start first with your self. Be well-groomed and neat. Men won’t notice you when your hair is so unruly and you dress unpleasant. Your look speaks confidence. When you look presentable, you present a confident aura and men are more attractive to confident women. To look more interesting, add some color to your face. Make-ups can really make you look good. Wear a good scent to complete the package.
- Be friendly. The best way to start a relationship is friendship. Be his friend. This way you will know more about him, what’s his likes and dislikes. Converse often and share common thoughts. Talk about interesting topics. Remember, don’t dominate the conversation. Be able to listen and laugh.
- Be generous with compliments. Men loves to be praised. When they hear a good thing about themselves, they feel good and important. Your good words will definitely make a mark on him.
- Be yourself. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not just to get his attention and make him like you. It’ll just ruin everything. Each person is unique and beautiful. When you stay true to yourself, a man will truly sense it and might even fall in love with your personality. Show your caring and kind side. Be there when he’s alone or when he needs help.
- Don’t date his friends. Boys talk a lot about girls. When he finds out that you’ve been texting his friend and you’re going out with him, he’ll definitely back off. It’s just the rules. They don’t go out with their best bud’s chick. Stop flirting with other men if you’re serious with one guy.
- Once you feel that he’s starting to like you, don’t act way overboard. Don’t ask him for dates. Don’t tell him to contact you or to see you. It’s men who do the first move. This will give him the impression that you’re not pathetic and desperate. Be patient. Wait until he offers to bring you home. Wait for his message to have dinner or movie with him.
- Lastly, when you’ve done your best and still the guy doesn’t want you, stop. It’s best you remain friends with him. Don’t change yourself because you’re madly in love with him. If he can’t appreciate you, there’s someone who will. A guy doesn’t deserve you and you shouldn’t go crazy for someone. Give credit to yourself. You’re beautiful, smart and confident. You can’t let your levels down for people who don’t appreciate you for who you are.
You may have mastered the basics in planning for a memorable date yet the work does not actually end there. Another thing that you may find hard to deal with is starting and keeping up a conversation. Here are easy-to-do tips for a dating task that many men failed according to some women.
Keep an Eye Contact
Maintaining an eye contact is a sign of confidence and at the same time attentiveness. This simple gesture may mean a lot to the person you are dating. It may also mean respect and sincerity. Look at her eyes during conversations. However, be careful since it can be overdone and you may appear like you are staring at her the whole time.
Aside from maintaining an eye contact, you must show her that you are confident even on the way you speak and even just in handing over a glass of wine. Every woman doesn’t want to see their man speaking with his lips quivering out of anxiety. Be yourself! You need not worry about how you will appear or sound to her, what matters most is you let her know the “true you” and let her hear your sincerity and pure intentions.
Know How to Listen
The reason why we have two ears and one mouth is for us to listen more than monopolizing a conversation. If you do 90% of the talking, you may find your partner sleeping on her side of the table. The secret for a good conversation is knowing how to listen and react on the remarks made by another person. From the things that are brought up in the discussion by your partner, you can open up new topics in the conversation.
Tell Her About Your Interests
Share with her your interests. These are topics you have a lot of ideas of that will make you sustain the conversation. Also, you may ask her of what she is interested to do or maybe getting some hints of what it is through listening to her in the talk. You may find a common interest that will be a great topic to talk about.
Show Some Interest on What She Finds Interesting
Some women will love hearing their man say- “I love dancing too!” or “I love mellow music too.” This can be a way of telling your girl in a conversation that you have something in common or a way of showing her acceptance. Remember that what you are looking for and what you are trying to build in a date are “chemistry” and “harmony” that link the two of you. If you see her smiling while she is talking, she may be feeling comfortable sharing with you things about herself.
Use Your Sense of Humor
It is nice to be humorous once in a while. It is hard to do so though on first-dates. You can crack a joke even on the simplest things. Overdoing it however may be very irritating instead and may destroy her mood for a date. Your sense of humor comes out naturally. You just have to be spontaneous and at the same time attentive during the conversation.